Relocating After A Loss:
- Loss of use. If you are not able to stay in your home after a covered loss, your homeowners policy may reimburse you for additional living expenses, such as hotels, car rentals and other day-to-day normal expenses caused by having to temporarily relocate.
- Temporary housing. If you need temporary living arrangements while your home is being restored after a covered loss, your carrier may refer you to a service provider or give you permission to stay at a hotel or rental property.
- For more on Travelers loss of use coverage,.
Travelers Car Insurance Cost Factors
We always recommend getting quotes from multiple providers before making a decision because insurers use a variety of factors to calculate individual rates. These factors include the following:
- Coverage options: You can save money by only getting the state minimum required coverage. But such limited coverage can put you at financial risk. Additional coverage costs more but offers more protection.
- Coverage limits: When you raise the maximum amount your insurer will pay out following an accident, your premiums go up too.
- Deductible: Generally, the lower you set your deductible, the higher your premium will be.
- Driving history: Your driving record plays a large role in your insurance premiums. Drivers with a recent at-fault accident or traffic violation will pay higher rates for insurance.
- Age: Young drivers and especially teen drivers pay much higher premiums than middle-aged drivers. Senior drivers also tend to pay higher rates.
- Location: Even within the same state, drivers from different ZIP codes will get different rates. Thats because insurance providers tend to charge more to drivers in urban areas than those in rural areas.
- While it is outlawed in some states, insurers in most states can use your credit score to determine your rates. People with lower credit scores usually get higher rates.
Well Resolve Your Claim
After your Claim professional determines the amount of your covered loss and applies any applicable deductible, they can either send you a check in the mail or you can have your payment sent electronically via one of our ePay options, which allows money to be directly deposited into your bank or PayPal account.
Don’t Miss: Average Braces Cost With Insurance
Travelers Insurance Intellidrive Program
The Travelers IntelliDrive program is a way to save money on your car insurance by monitoring and improving your driving habits. Over a 90-day period, a mobile app will track your driving habits, looking for unsafe activities like accelerating too fast or braking too hard.
Maintaining safe driving habits can net you up to 30%, according to Travelers website. However, IntelliDrive can also cause your premiums to go up if you engage in some driving habits that Travelers deems unsafe. That list includes driving late at night, so be sure to consider your own habits and lifestyle before enrolling in the program.
Recommended Reading: Online Home Owners Insurance Quote
Is Complaintsboardcom Associated With Travelers Insurance
ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Travelers Insurance Customer Service. Initial Travelers Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Travelers Insurance above.
ComplaintsBoard.com is an independent complaint resolution platform that has been successfully voicing consumer concerns since 2004. We are doing work that matters – connecting customers with businesses around the world and help them resolve issues and be heard.
Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Travelers Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Travelers Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.
Also Check: The Hartford Insurance Company Phone Number
How The Home Insurance Claim Process Works
Owning a home can mean dealing with the unexpected from a tree falling on your roof to a pipe bursting in your bathroom. Because you likely cant prevent all unwanted surprises, knowing what to expect if you have a homeowners claim can help give you some peace of mind.
While insurance carriers can handle claims in different ways, here are some basic steps in the process.
We’re Here To Help Call Our Claims Team On 0800 587 8388
At Travelers we understand that no one ever wants to have an insurance claim. Thats why we go out of our way to make the claims experience as stress-free as possible for our customers.
If something goes wrong and you need to get in touch, our team of specialists will help you and your business get back on track. To report a claim, have your policy number handy and call us on 0800 587 8388, or send us the details by emailing your claim to us on
Need help in an emergency? We’re here to help you. Call our claims line on 0800 587 8388 outside of office hours if you have need emergency property claim advice.
Our knowledgeable claims specialists will respond to your needs with speed, compassion, integrity and professionalism. From fast-responding catastrophe services to industry-specific claims experts and nurse claim management services to help you manage your employees back to work, we provide the confidence you need to rely on.
Email us on
Read Also: Small Business Insurance For Llc
Bottom Line: Is Travelers A Good Insurance Company
Yes, Travelers is a good insurance company. In addition to affordable auto insurance for all types of drivers, Travelers also offers coverage options for homeowners, marine vessels, weddings/special events, travel, and small businesses. It has been around for more than 165 years, too, so it must be doing something right.
When it comes to car insurance in particular, Travelers impresses with an extensive list of discounts and strong coverage options. Travelers is also one of the few auto insurance companies that provide accident and violation forgiveness every three years, as well as a policy discount for hybrid vehicles.
Nevertheless, WalletHubs editors give Travelers an overall rating of 3.8/5 because of its good scores in the customer service and claims departments. To learn more, check out WalletHubs complete Travelers Insurance Review. You can also read some of the reviews from fellow consumers below.
Travelers Auto Insurance Discounts
You may be able to receive the following Travelers auto insurance discounts to help you save money on your policy. The best way to find out if you are eligible for any discounts is by getting a quote.
|Travelers Auto Insurance
|Get an 8% discount for being a full-time high school or college student and maintaining a B average or higher.
|Student Away at School Discount
|Get a 7% discount if one of your dependents goes to school at least 100 miles away and leaves their vehicle at home.
|Driver Training Discount
|Get up to an 8% discount for completing an approved driver safety course.
Because auto insurance rates are so personalized, the cheapest insurer for you may not be the cheapest for your neighbor. We recommend you get free quotes from Travelers and other top insurance companies to compare rates and pick the best deal for you.
Read Also: Nationwide Homeowners Insurance Phone Number
Don’t Miss: Does Insurance Cover Std Testing
Premier Roadside Assistance Package
Premier Roadside Assistance will provide towing service up to 100 miles, as well as services such as jump start, fuel delivery*, flat tire change and lockout assistance.
This package also provides trip interruption coverage, which means you may be eligible for reimbursement of $200 a day for meals and lodging if your breakdown occurs at least 100 miles from home and your vehicle is out of commission for more than 24 hours.
In addition, Premier Roadside Assistance includes personal property coverage with a $500 limit, which provides coverage to replace stolen or damaged personal property as a result of a covered, paid comprehensive or collision loss.
*The cost of fuel is not included.
Appeal Your Denied Travelers Insurance Claim With Donotpay
While you purchase insurance to feel protected and have a backup plan, insurers go above and beyond to avoid paying up what you deserve. Sometimes, insurance companies deny claims on the grounds of inaccurate info or coverage issues.
If Travelers tries to weasel out of paying you by denying your insurance claim, you can rest assured that we can help you! With DoNotPays assistance, youll lodge an appeal with ease!
Heres how it works:
We will make sure to compose a promising appeal letter and send it Travelers way at once.
You May Like: Online Quotes For Life Insurance
Choosing Whether To File An Insurance Claim: How Loss Consultation Can Help You Make An Informed Decision
Your vehicle gets dinged in a parking lot or is involved in a rear-end collision. Part of your roof is damaged during a storm, or a pipe bursts in your newly renovated kitchen. If damage to your home or auto needs to be repaired, you may be wondering whether you should file a claim. Thats a decision that needs careful consideration.
When things go wrong, Travelers Claim professionals are here to help. Travelers has Loss Consultation for its policyholders who may need to decide whether to file a claim.
Why Loss Consultation Is Effective
Today, about 20% of Travelers Personal Insurance Auto and roughly 30% of Personal Insurance Property policyholders2 who have had a loss speak to a Loss Consultant to get valuable information that allows them to make an informed decision about filing a claim. Agents also appreciate the way that their Travelers policyholders receive personalized support when they need it.
Don’t Miss: General Liability Insurance For Llc
Key Features And Benefits Of Our Claims Service
- Agreed claims-handling protocols and market-leading service standards.
- Nominated claims handlers to ensure continuity and good communication.
- Regular updates on all outstanding claims.
- Full consultation with policyholders and their brokers to ensure liability decisions are understood and agreed by both parties.
- Proactive approach to consultation with third-party claimant solicitors to improve the prospects of early settlement.
- Commitment to mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Rigorous anti-fraud programme.
- We will acknowledge all new claims within 48 hours.
- We will respond to all policyholder and broker. correspondence within 10 days.
- We will issue settlement cheques within 10 working days.
Progressive: Best For High
Our team rates Progressive at 95 percent. The provider holds an A+ rating from both AM Best and the BBB. It also scored highly among other top providers in the J.D. Power Auto Insurance Satisfaction Study.
Progressives Name Your Price® tool is a unique feature that allows customers to set a desired auto insurance rate and see available policies within their budget. Snapshot®, the insurers popular usage-based program, monitors driving habits and gives a discount for practicing good behavior on the road.
Read our full review of Progressive car insurance for information about coverage, discounts, and more.
Recommended Reading: Burial Insurance For Seniors Over 60
Travelers Auto Insurance Coverage Options
There are a variety of Travelers auto insurance options whether youre just trying to meet your states minimum insurance requirements or you want to purchase a full coverage policy for maximum protection. Travelers offers every type of standard auto insurance coverage, including:
- Bodily injury liability: Covers other parties medical expenses after an accident where you are at fault
- Property damage liability: Covers other parties property damage after an accident where you are at fault
- Collision: Pays for your own vehicle to be repaired or replaced after an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Comprehensive: Covers your vehicle if its stolen or damaged in an incident thats not a collision, such as a flood or vandalism
- Personal injury protection : Covers certain medical expenses, lost wages, and funeral expenses after an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Medical payments : Covers medical bills and funeral expenses for yourself and your passengers after an accident, regardless of who is at fault
- Uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist: Helps cover medical and personal property damage expenses if the at-fault driver in an accident cant be identified or does not have the proper insurance coverage
Overview Of Travelers Insurance Complaint Handling
61Travelers Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 13, 2008.The latest review Claim# IYU4003001 was posted on Aug 11, 2022.The latest complaint non payment was resolved on Dec 24, 2014. Travelers Insurance has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 61 reviews.Travelers Insurance has resolved 8 complaints.
Read Also: Can I Use Goodrx If I Have Insurance
How To File A Claim With Travelers Insurance
Travelers Insurance is one of the top insurance companies in the United States. They sell a variety of types of insurance policies including home, life, auto, and more. Travelers Insurance is one of the oldest insurance companies in the United States, having been in existence for 160 years. Today they employ more than 30,000 people and have more than 13,500 independent agents and brokers across the globe. They operate in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil, and they handle a huge number of claims each year. Our Houston car accident attorney can help you with you claim today!
Positive Travelers Insurance Reviews
When people reported a fulfilling customer experience in their Travelers insurance reviews, they typically mentioned professional, attentive service.
I am nothing but impressed with your claims specialist K*****. From the start of the process to the ending I felt nothing but satisfied with her handling of the matter. She immediately contacted me after my claim, let me know I was a top priority
David P., via BBB
been with Travelers for probably 30 years for auto insurance and have made three claims for totaled cars. They have been excellent to deal with, responsive, informative, and fair. So far, Im very happy with them.
David A., via BBB
Recommended Reading: Policy Holder On Insurance Card
Beginning The Claim Process:
- Report your claim. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible. If you are a Travelers customer, you can report a claim anytime online or by calling 1.800.Claim33. The sooner you report it, the sooner your insurer may be able to help.
- Inspecting the damage. The claim professional typically will call you to discuss what happened, what your insurance policy may or may not cover and make arrangements to inspect the damage in person.
- Document your losses. Using photos or videos can help you remember things that you may have lost. If you dont have an inventory, look for photos of the damaged areas. Youll want to make a list of everything damaged inside your home.
- Save your receipts. When making any necessary temporary repairs or living arrangements, protecting property from further damage or making temporary housing arrangements, be sure to save your receipts. Your insurer may ask you to provide them as part of the claim process.
We are an insurance company that cares. We help you get the coverage that meets your needs to help protect the things that are important to you, so you dont have to worry.
Do I Need To Contact The Travelers Insurance Claims Department To Check My Claim
To check the status of your claim, you can either call the Travelers insurance claims department or view the progress of your claim online.
If you prefer to talk on the phone, call 1 800-252-4633 for individual claims and 1 800-238-6225 for business claims.
In case you want to check the status online, follow these instructions:
Read Also: Small Business Insurance For Llc
Read Also: Cost For Whole Life Insurance
We Determine The Cost Of The Repairs And The Value Of Your Car Or Property
For auto claims, you take your vehicle to a recommended repair facility for an estimate. If you go to a recommended facility, you will not need to get an additional estimate.
For property claims, protect your property from further damage and work directly with your adjuster to provide them with the information they need to make a determination.
Travelers Insurance Information: Contacts Address Founders Ceo Services And Products
Travelers Insurance is a multinational company founded on 1853 with its headquarters located at New York City, New York, United States and key people behind it being Alan D. Schnitzer. Travelers Insurance currently employs approximately ~30,800 people. Travelers Insurance deals in a variety of industries, such as insurance and financial services and offers products such as Insurance policies, Risk management According to the latest report, Travelers Insurance has generated US$31.581 billion and net income being US$2.622 billion
Travelers Insurance was founded in 1853.
Travelers Insurance competes in a variety of industries, such as insurance and financial services.
To write a complaint about Travelers Insurance and get an answer from the officials of Travelers Insurance, Complaintsboard.coms objective complaint writing and answer providing system can be used. Product shipment, payment, communication, billing, and any kind of service-related complaint about Travelers Insurance can be filed via the specific Travelers Insurance complaint section.
Don’t Miss: Average Cost Of Home Insurance In Texas
One Call Gets You Help
With Roadside Assistance Coverage or Premier Roadside Assistance package, your roadside service is available 24/7. You simply call 800.CLAIM33 , select Option 3, and roadside services will be dispatched to help with your flat, refuel* or jump start your car, or give you a tow.
So, if you’re a driver who takes frequent road trips or has a family who depends on you for safety and comfort on the road consider the peace of mind Roadside Assistance Coverage can provide. Get a car insurance quote or contact your local independent agent.
*The cost of fuel is not included.
Discounts Available With Travelers
- Multi-Policy Discount: By combining a Travelers auto and home policy, youll be able to enjoy a 15% discount on your total home premium. Youll also secure 10% off your auto premium.
- Protective Device Discount: Save on your premium if you have smoke detectors, fire alarms, interior sprinkler systems, home security systems , and smart home technology.
- Home Buyer Discount: This markdown is for new homeowners, specifically those policyholders that purchased their home within 12 months of the policys effective date.
- Loss Free Discount: This is a deduction for customers who have gone without a claim for a specified time.
- Green Home Discount: You can save up to 5% in premium if you have a green home certification by Leadership Energy and Environmental Design .
For all discounts, except Multi-Policy and Green Home Discounts, youll need to speak with a Travelers insurance agent to verify the actual discount amount as it varies from state to state.
Read Also: All State Car Insurance Quotes